Connecting remote communities to local
disability support and services
My Pathway is expanding NDIS services to remote Indigenous communities. Our aim is to support Australians who have a permanent disability to live their lives and achieve their goals while staying connected to their family, community and country.
We coordinate a range of services including in-home support, transport, community participation, employment, learning and therapy assistance. We help to develop the capacity of local workforces, build sustainable career pathways and create lasting connections to remote Indigenous communities.
- In-home support – assistance with personal tasks of daily life such as household duties, personal care and daily living.
- Transport – transport within the community (shopping, activities, excursions, social outings, events and appointments).
- Assistance with Social and Community Participation – assist clients to attend social and community participation activities.
- Finding and Keeping a Job – assistance to successfully obtain or retain employment.
- Improved Learning – provision of skills training, advice, or orientation to assist in further education.
- Therapy assistance – assisting clients with appointments, access to video conferencing, contextual support and budgeting.
There are around 4.3 million Australians who have a disability. Within the next five years, the NDIS will provide more than $22 billion in funding a year to an estimated 500,000 Australians who have a permanent and significant disability. For many people, it will be the first time they receive the disability support they need. The NDIS can provide all people with disability with information and connections to services in their communities. My Pathway have:
- Earned 26 clients,
- Helped create 19 new jobs.
- Delivered 270 hours of support for clients.
- Committed to growing the NDIS offering.
Growing the NDIS offering
Our aim with NDIS is not only to support Australians who have a permanent and significant disability, to live their lives and achieve their goals but also to keep our NDIS clients connected with family members and friends and to contribute to their wellbeing and emotional growth.
We will be expanding our workforce and regions to accommodate the 400+ hours and extra locations requested of My Pathway by the scheme.