My workplaceHealth and Safetypolicy
My Pathway is dedicated to upholding the highest standards of workplace health and safety for the benefit of all employees, contractors, and visitors. We operate in strict accordance with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011, relevant codes of practice, and available resources. These standards guide our efforts in risk assessment and control, training, supervision, and the prevention of workplace accidents, injuries, and illnesses. This commitment also extends to ensuring that our operations do not place the local community or environment at risk of injury, illness, or damage.
This occurs through our commitment to:
- Continuous improvement of our workplace health and safety management system.
- Eliminate, reduce, or otherwise control hazards within the workplace.
- A culture deeply committed to improving workplace health and safety for all employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Cultivating and sustaining a safe and healthy work environment with a primary focus on accident and work-related illness prevention.
- Strict adherence to WH&S legislation.
- Monitoring WH&S objectives and continually reviewing our performance against these objectives to enhance WH&S management.
- Promoting and facilitating communication and consultation among employees, their representatives, and management on health and safety matters.
- The regular meetings of the Safety Committee and the appointment of Safety Representatives, to ensure consultation encompassing all aspects of our business operations.
- Commitment to WH&S from senior management, supervisors, and employees, with recognition of WH&S responsibilities in individual Position Descriptions.
We recognise that the overall responsibility and commitment to providing a safe workplace rests with management, who will be accountable for the implementation of this policy. The commitment and responsibilities include:
- providing adequate funding and resources to meet WHS commitments.
- reviewing measurable objectives and targets and to ensure continued improvement aimed at the elimination of work-related injuries and illnesses.
- ensuring that all WHS policies and procedures are documented, reviewed, implemented, maintained, and communicated to all employees.
Employees also have responsibilities, which include reporting hazards, following all WHS policies and procedures and ensuring staff behaviour and methods of work do not affect their own physical or mental health and wellbeing, or those of others.
We are dedicated to fostering communication and collaboration between management and employees. We will actively engage appointed or elected employee health and safety representatives in any workplace changes or issues that could impact the health and safety of our employees.