Connecting communities to local
disability supports and services
My Pathway Disability Supports is designed to meet the need for culturally appropriate and quality disability support services in some of our nation’s most isolated and remote communities.
Growing from small beginnings in early 2020, our model centres around utilising community relationships and connections to support the development of a local Indigenous workforce, building sustainable career pathways within communities. Our support workers benefit from systems and programs developed through twenty years of remote community service experience in our organisation as they support clients to progress toward independent living.
We coordinate a range of services including; in-home support, transport, community participation, employment, learning and therapy assistance. Supporting Australians with a permanent disability to live their lives and achieve their goals, while staying connected to family, community and country.
Read our program overview brochure here.
- Assistance with Social and Community Participation – assist clients to attend social and community inclusion activities.
- Finding and Keeping a Job – assistance to successfully obtain or retain employment.
- Capacity Building and Learning – provision of skills training, advice, or steps to assist in further education.
- Therapy assistance – assisting clients with appointments, access to video conferencing, contextual support and budgeting.
- In-home support – assistance with personal tasks of daily life such as household duties, personal care and daily living.
- Transport – transport within the community (shopping, activities, excursions, social outings, events and appointments).
There are approximately 4.3 million Australians living with a disability. Within the next five years, the NDIS will provide more than $22 billion in funding per year to half a million Australians with a permanent or significant disability.
For many people, it will be the first time they receive the disability support they need.
The NDIS can provide all people with disability with information and connections to services in their communities.
To date My Pathway have:
- Earned 38 clients
- Helped create 36 new jobs
- Delivered more than 10,000 hours of support
- Committed to growing the NDIS offering.
Growing the Disability Supports offering
Our Remote support aim is not only to support Australians with a permanent disability to live their lives and achieve their goals,
but also to keep our NDIS clients connected with family members and friends and to contribute to their wellbeing and emotional growth.
We will continue to expand our workforce and regions through the coming months to continue to provide support to a growing number of clients.