Get started or strengthen your Business
My Pathway provides flexible mentoring and support to entrepreneurs, helping them to start or strengthen their business. As a Self-Employment Assistance participant, you will have the opportunity to choose from a range of business support options.
Flexible business support options
- Explore self-employment workshops
- Small business coaching
- Small business training
- Develop a business plan
- Business advice sessions
- Business health checks
- Connect with industry leaders
- Referrals to professional services
Choose your training
Co-design a business support plan that works for you
Receive the support you choose in person and online
Cairns | Mackay | Darwin/Alice Springs | North and North Western Tasmania
Self-Employment Assistance aims to support new business start-ups and strengthen existing businesses. It is offered as part of Workforce Australia, which is a fully-funded initiative of the Australian Government. You do not need to be on income support payments to access the business support options available.
Idea Generation Workshop
Empowering participants with an entrepreneurial spirit to generate ideas that could lead to a viable business. These workshops will be tailored to individual needs and could be the first step your entrepreneurial journey.
This workshop is suitable for participants who dream of starting their own small business, but don’t know where to begin.
Exploring Self-Employment Workshop
Engaging with participants to further develop and pursue their business ideas. These workshops run over one week (25 hours) with guest presentations from subject matter experts. Content is a mix of in person and online delivery.
- Must be at least 15 years of age, or 18+ for small business coaching
- Lawfully able to work in Australia
- Not an overseas visitor on a work holiday or studying in Australia
- Special eligibility for retrenched workers, veterans, and family members of serving Australian Defence Force personnel
- Not an undischarged bankrupt
- An existing micro-business (less than 4 employees other than the owner)
- In need of support to continue sustainable commercial operations over the next 12 months
- Operating under an independent business structure
- Be lawful, withstand public scrutiny and be controlled, managed and physically located in Australia
The My Pathway difference
My Pathway will help you gain access to a strong community of professional and social networks, built over more than a decade of experience within the Employment Services industry.