Start your own business
COVID 19: IMPORTANT NEWS FOR NEIS PARTICIPANTS
People on income support (such as JobSeeker Payment) who commence a NEIS business will have the choice to remain on their current income support payment or move onto NEIS Allowance.
My Pathway provides personalised mentoring and support to entrepreneurs, helping them to succeed beyond their first year of business. Our role is to help emerging business owners refine their ideas and create viable and sustainable businesses. click here to download My Pathway NEIS flyer
As a My Pathway NEIS participant you will receive a mix of accredited training, coaching and networking opportunities.
Turn your business idea into reality with:
- Nationally recognised qualification (accredited training – Cert IV in Small Business Management & Cert III in Micro-business Operations)
- Assistance in developing business and financial plans
- Flexible learning to suit your situation
- Experienced business mentors
- Access to our large business network
- Income support for up to 39 weeks (eligibility conditions apply)
Online via Skype (due to COVID-19 restrictions)
Up to 52 weeks
Cairns, Townsville/Mt Isa, Mackay, Darwin/Alice Springs
No cost (eligibility applies)
New Business Assistance with NEIS is fully funded by the Australian Government to help assist new business start-ups. You do not need to be on income support to participate in this program.
Please be advised you may not be eligible for other Government funding (eg Grants) if you are receiving NEIS Assistance.
Once you have been confirmed eligible to enter the program, the next step My Pathway will complete is an assessment of your business idea to make sure it meets set business eligibility criteria.
- Must be 18 years of age when starting NEIS
- Not prohibited by law from working in Australia
- Not an overseas visitor on a working holiday or overseas student studying in Australia
- Available to participate in NEIS training and work fulltime in your proposed new business
- Have not participated in NEIS in the past year
- Not an undischarged bankrupt
The My Pathway Difference
As a My Pathway participant, you will gain access to a strong community of professional and social networks, built over more than a decade of experience within the Employment Services industry.
Provider of Choice
We’re the only provider trusted by the Australian Government to provide the NEIS program in our regions.
We won’t make you do the run around. All our services are under the one roof. From training and professional development courses to mentoring and business start-up support you’ve got easy access with My Pathway.
Dedicated & Personal
We’re not a big chain with a split focus. Our team is focused on developing a personal and deeper connection with you to get you the best outcome that improves your life.
Resources and community chat platforms are easily accessible online offering more inclusion and contact points to connect and grow at leisure.
NEIS information sessions
Hear more about the program through our information sessions run weekly in Cairns and Townsville.
Contact us to find when these will be scheduled in your area.
Exploring being my own boss
2 week workshop
For those who feel they aren’t quite ready to fully commit to starting a business, we offer a 2 week workshop to trial and get a taste of self-employment. This workshop is a great introduction and pathway to the New Business Assistance with NEIS program. Contact us to find when these will be scheduled in your area.