Make a Difference caring for your community
My Pathway offers Individual Support training to people seeking a positive and meaningful career in disability or aged care. This course is delivered face-to-face (virtual classroom), providing the skills and information required to enter a growing industry with long-term career prospects.
7 core (mandatory) units and 6 elective units.
You must be assessed as competent in all 13 units to attain this qualification.
(dependent on past and current work history and experience).
Pay only: $130* co-contribution fee ($10.00 per unit)
$65* concession ($5.00 per unit)
*co-contribution fee under Certificate 3 Guarantee funding
- On successful completion of this qualification, you will receive a Certificate in CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support.
- On partial completion of this qualification, you will receive a Statement of Attainment in CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support.
- There are no entry requirements for this course.
- Certificate II in Community Services CHC22015 or other relevant qualification or vocational experience assisting in a range of support roles without a formal disability qualification are desirable but not a requirement.
- Client assistant
- Community access coordinator
- Care worker
- Disability service worker
- Personal care giver/work
- Residential care support worker or school support officer (working with children with disabilities)
What is Certificate 3 Guarantee?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee supports eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate III level qualification and increase their skills to move into employment, re-enter the workforce or advance their career. The program also supports school students to access training and Queensland’s Year 12 graduates to transition to employment by providing free training in high priority qualifications. Only ONE qualification can be undertaken under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program. Using the Certificate 3 Guarantee funding to complete this qualification may void eligibility for other government subsidised training funding under another program.
- Minimum of 15 years of age and no longer attending school
- Permanently reside in Queensland
- Australian citizen; Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant); temporary resident with necessary visa and work permits and on a pathway to permanent resident; or a New Zealand citizen
- Not hold and not be enrolled in Certificate III or higher, excluding those courses completed while still at school and Foundation Skills Training
- Not currently enrolled in another course.