Make a Difference caring for your community
My Pathway offers Individual Support training to people seeking a positive and meaningful career in disability or aged care. This course is delivered face-to-face (virtual classroom), providing the skills and information required to enter a growing industry with long-term career prospects. Click here to download the My Pathway Individual Support flyer.
One day per week online via Microsoft teams, supported self-paced learning (min 15 hrs/week) and a requirement of 120 hours of work placement within the services industry (e.g. aged care or disability).
7 core (mandatory) units and 6 elective units.
You must be assessed as competent in all 13 units to attain this qualification.
(dependent on past and current work history and experience).
Pay only: $130* co-contribution fee or $65* concession
*co-contribution fee under Certificate 3 Guarantee funding
- On successful completion of this qualification, you will receive a Certificate in CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support.
- On partial completion of this qualification, you will receive a Statement of Attainment in CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support.
- There are no entry requirements for this course.
- Certificate II in Community Services CHC22015 or other relevant qualification or vocational experience assisting in a range of support roles without a formal disability qualification are desirable but not a requirement.
- Client assistant
- Community access coordinator
- Care worker
- Disability service worker
- Personal care giver/work
- Residential care support worker or school support officer (working with children with disabilities)
What is Certificate 3 Guarantee?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee supports the Queensland Government’s Working Queensland jobs plan. The Certificate 3 Guarantee provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate III qualification. It also supports Queensland’s Year 12 graduates to transition to employment by providing fee-free training in high priority qualifications. Only ONE qualification can be undertaken under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program. Using the Certificate 3 Guarantee funding to complete this qualification may void eligibility for other government subsidised training funding under another program.
- Minimum of 15 years of age and no longer attending school
- Permanently reside in Queensland
- Australian citizen; Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant); temporary resident with necessary visa and work permits and on a pathway to permanent resident; or a New Zealand citizen
- Not hold and not be enrolled in Certificate III or higher, excluding those courses completed while still at school and Foundation Skills Training
- Not currently enrolled in another course.