Make a difference caring for your community
Make a difference
caring for your community
My Pathway offers Individual Support training to people seeking a positive and meaningful career in disability or aged care. Delivered face-to-face by a Registered Nurse, the course provides the skills and information required to enter a growing industry with long-term career prospects. Click here to download My Pathway Individual Support flyer.
Enrol now and gain access to deep industry knowledge and connections with local work placements.
Flexible delivery options Due to Covid 19 this training program is now delivered ONLINE with 1 day/week skype and Facebook Live, self-paced learning (minimum of 15 hrs/week) and a requirement of 120 hours of work placement within the Services industry (e.g. Aged care or Disability). Participants are continued to be supported throughout the duration of the program.
13 units of competency 7 core (mandatory) units and 6 of the following elective units. You must be assessed as competent in all 13 units to attain this qualification.
12 months to complete (dependent on past and current work history and experience)
Cairns and Townsville regions
Pay only$130* contribution or $65* concession
*co-contribution fee under Certificate 3 Guarantee funding
Funding Options: You may be eligible to receive Certificate 3 Guarantee funding for this qualification.
- On successful completion of this qualification, you will receive a Certificate in CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support.
- On partial completion of this qualification, you will receive a Statement of Attainment in CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support.
- There are no entry requirements for this course.
- Certificate II in Community Services CHC22015 or other relevant qualification or vocational experience assisting in a range of support roles without a formal disability qualification are desirable but not a requirement.
- Minimum of 15 years of age and no longer attending school
- Permanently reside in Queensland
- Australian citizen; Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant); temporary resident with necessary visa and work permits and on a pathway to permanent resident; or a New Zealand citizen
- Not hold and not be enrolled in Certificate III or higher, excluding those courses completed while still at school and Foundation Skills Training
- Not currently enrolled in another course.
What is Certificate 3 Guarantee?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee supports the Queensland Government’s Working Queensland jobs plan. The Certificate 3 Guarantee provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate III qualification. It also supports Queensland’s Year 12 graduates to transition to employment by providing fee-free training in high priority qualifications. Only ONE qualification can be undertaken under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program. Using the Certificate 3 Guarantee funding to complete this qualification may void eligibility for other government subsidised training funding under another program.